Most of the information to install can be found from file INSTALL under directory docs. Basically
(1) Install the needed PEAR modules.
(2) Create Horde database and tables needed.
(3) Im using Centos 5.2 I need to install php-pear and php-xml
By default we will get Administrator login.
Configuration can be done from Setup module.
We need to change how the authentication work. I will used mysql as the authentication driver. The file script.initial_horde_user.sql can be found under directory /usr/share/horde/scripts/sql
The default user is admin with the password is admin. Please reset this.
Make sure setting for Database is configure before changing the Authentication setting to used Mysql.
Problem that I'm encounter. I'm want to used different directory from the default horde. My login failed.
The problem may from the cookies path setting under General Tab Setup. From Horde log it's said
Dec 08 01:15:45 HORDE [notice] [horde] Login success for admin [127.0.0.1] to Horde [pid 25729 on line 138 of "/usr/share/base/login.php"]
Dec 08 01:15:45 HORDE [debug]  Guest user does not have READ permission for horde [pid 25691 on line 814 of "/usr/share/base/lib/Horde/Registry.php"]
I'll stick with the default directory for a while.
Right now I want to get used to create application with Horde Framework.
More changes to the setting. This using Horde Setup module.
(1) Preference System -> Mysql Database -> Horde Defaults
(2) Data Tree System -> Mysql Database -> Horde Defaults
(3) Cache System -> SQL-Based Cache Storage and Im using memcached for use_memorycache setting.
For Centos 5.2 memcached can be install using rpm from rpmforge. Install memcached and php-pecl-memcache.
Read about memcached here http://www.danga.com/memcached/ and interesting blog post
(4) Lock System -> SQL-Based Lock
(5) Token System -> SQL-Based Token System
(6) Virtual File Storage -> SQL Database -> Horde Default
(7) Custom Session Handler -> Mysql-Based Session -> Setting as per Database setup.
(8) Memcached Server -> Enabled